Financial planning is the cornerstone of your overall financial strategy.
Taking a step back and working with a trained professional will ensure you have a plan in place that will enable you to meet your life goals, whether it’s homeownership or early retirement. A good financial plan puts you in control of your financial future and equips you with the tools you need to tackle any obstacles that come your way.
Financial planning should be a personal process, one that is focused on your individual needs and goals. This is one place where a one-size-fits-all approach will not work. Your situation is unique and your financial plan should reflect that. A good financial advisor will take the time to get to know you, become familiar with your financial planning goals, and understand your current financial situation. That way, they can help you map out the perfect strategy for getting to where you want to go.
Do You Need A Financial Advisor
While everyone needs a financial strategy, not everyone will need a personal financial advisor. A professional advisor can help you with complicated situations, and with understanding your current financial picture and what steps you can take to meet your goals. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you consider hiring a financial advisor:
- Do you have the time and desire to attend to your financial affairs?
- Do you get confused by conflicting financial advice from different sources?
- Are you paying too much in taxes?
- Do you know where to invest your money for the biggest impact?
- Are you having trouble making ends meet?
- Are you having trouble saving money?
- Have you had a big change lately that will impact your financial future, such as a retirement, birth, an inheritance, or a job loss?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a financial advisor could be the right person to help you shore up your financial future.
What To Expect
The financial planning process can be an involved one, but the more work you put in upfront means you will end up with a more accurate plan that you won’t have to worry about. The steps that you can expect through this process are:
- Collect and assess all of your relevant financial data — assets and liabilities, tax returns, records of securities transactions, any current investments, insurance policies, wills, and pension plans — to help clarify your current financial situation.
- Clarify financial and personal goals and objectives, while also identifying your financial and personal values and attitudes so you end up with an investment strategy you are comfortable with.
- Identify any financial problems that you currently face that could create barriers to your financial independence.
- Create written recommendations and alternative solutions for your financial plan that are designed to meet your needs without emphasis on purchasing specific products.
- Implement the right strategy to ensure that you reach your goals and objectives.
- Review your strategy and plan regularly to ensure that you remain on track, making adjustments as needed to keep you on track.
What’s In Your Financial Plan?
A financial plan is more than an investment plan. It encompasses your entire financial life to ensure that you will experience financial freedom and achieve everything you set out to achieve. In order to do this, your financial plan will include some or all of the following elements:
- Cash flow management: We will analyze your income and expenses to see if you have enough cash flow to meet your current, and future, needs.
- Debt management: We will take a look at any debts you have, student loans, mortgages, credit card debt, and make sure they are considered carefully in your cash flow and savings plans.
- Retirement planning: We take a look at your retirement goals and current level of retirement savings to ensure that your income, expenses, and investments will be enough to meet those goals.
- Estate planning: Are your assets protected for future generations? We will ensure that there is a plan in place to make sure they are.
- Investment planning: We will make sure you have the right investments in the right place to get you to your financial goals.
- Insurance needs analysis: We will make sure you have enough and the right kind of insurance to take care of you and your family.
No matter what your needs are, our team of financial advisors can help you get to where you want to go. Contact us today to get started on the road to achieving all your financial goals.
Get In Touch
We are committed to exceptional client service. Our team of professional financial advisors is available by phone or email, and each of us looks forward to meeting you in person.
We believe your success relies on the relationship you have with your advisor, the advice you receive to improve your life, and the fees you pay to achieve your life goals. Our clients are our first priority.
HollisWealth® is a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc., a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.
This is not an official website or publication of HollisWealth and the information and opinions contained herein do not necessarily reflect the opinion of HollisWealth. The particulars contained on this website were obtained from various sources which are believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by Industrial Alliance Securities Inc., its affiliates, employees, agents or any other person as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness. Furthermore, this website is provided for information purposes only and is not construed as an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of securities. The information contained herein may not apply to all types of investors. The Investment Advisor can open accounts only in the provinces where they are registered. Insurance products provided through Hollis Insurance.